Friday, December 12, 2008

Crib Mattress

OK, so I need a crib mattress to put in the crib and Chris was telling me that the lady at Babies R Us told him that anything under 250 coils is not SIDS compliant. Is this true or was she just trying to get him to buy the most expensive mattress? Also, where is a good place to get them at? They are all over in prices at the various different stores. I need the professionals to help me since I have no idea what to get. Suggestions?

8 comments:

Austin said...

I bought the cheapest mattress at Toys r us 5 1/2 yrs ago.
If they aren't SIDS compliant, why are they selling them?

jen said...

I did the same thing as Austin only it was 9 years ago.
And really why on earth would they sell them if there was any risk at all - I think she is full of it - at least I hope so. If you find out that we're wrong share the knowledge cause my baby is sleeping on that mattress.

Amy said...

All my kids used the cheapest mattress in the store, and it was bought in 98. It held up just fine.( We are not just cheap, we were still in school and BROKE!)

Emily said...

We too bought the cheapest we could find. I would have to agree that if there was an issue with them, they would not be able to sell them. Have fun shopping! I am still so jealous of your new crib!

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

I would also agree, if it isn't safe, the store wouldn't sell it, and the manufacturing company would recall them right?
I bought my crib mattress nearly 4 years ago at RC Willey...

Kristine said...

We bought one at USA baby. It was not very expensive but is super super nice. let me know if you have any questions.

Michelle said...

Apparently the ones with the smaller coil count are for the occasional sleep at a grandma or aunt's house. Whatever, I just think she was trying the sucker him in to buy the most expensive mattress. I appreciate the help and the comments!!

Emily said...

Here is a link for an article I found that will hopefully help you with the crib mattress.

http://www.firstbabymall.com/product/mattress.htm

>