Friday, December 5, 2008

Decorating and Updates

OK, so I posted this once and when I went to update it, I got an error and it didn't save as a draft. So here we go again.

So I haven't even put up my Christmas yet. I have been so swamped with work and with life in general. I didn't even put any of my fall decorations up. I really wish I were rich enough to be able to pay someone to come in and decorate my house. I have some ideas, but I get so nervous to do anything. We have lived in our house for 6 years and I still feel like it isn't my home. I thought I would paint my room and it was such a fiasco!! I wanted it to be a light dusty plum color. Instead I got purple sherbet. Chris hates purple and I talked him into letting me do it because it would be noticeable, yeah right!! So if anyone has any opinions or advice, I would greatly appreciate it!!

On the adoption front, there is really nothing new going on. We have had a few leads, but nothing ever really happens. We just encourage and ask everyone to keep their ears open. I talked to our case worker and she said that we don't even have to go through them. If someone hears by word of mouth and wants to meet us, we can just go through and attorney and pay the court fees.

We actually thought that we were going to be able to adopt a sibling group. It is a boy about 18 months and a girl about 6 months. The mother is off playing with her boyfriend and has left the children with various family members. She apparently has looked at placing them for adoption before, but didn't ever do it. If she decides to do it again, it won't be until she is back home from galavanting with her boyfriend and has the children back in her custody. So who knows. I am not getting my hopes up, although it would be nice.

Well that is all the updates. I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season and keeping the true meaning of Christmas in our homes.

1 comments:

Austin said...

I don't know if I can help with the decorating part. I have had a hard enough time with my own house. I need to spend alot of time somewhere before I can get a feel for what it needs.
I am crossing my fingers for you, and including you in our prayers, that something will happen with adoption stuff. That would be cool if you got the siblings, instant family.
If you need anything let me know. I'd be happy to help. I'll come help you put up Christmas decorations. As long as the girls can come over and run around too. I get so bored and lonely around the house now that Erik works evenings.

>