Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Trivial Little Things

Isn't is so sad that it takes being faced with the loss of a loved one to come to your senses? Here I am worried about these trivial little things in my life while my grandma is getting ready to leave this world. It certainly gives one some perspective.

I don't like to act like she is already gone, but thought I would just jot down a few things.

Dancing to ABBA, The Candyman and Kenny Rogers. Remembering how much Ray Stevens cracks her up. Macaroni and Tomatoes, or Macaroni and chili for meals. Watching Wheel of Fortune. How she always talks about how good looking may grandpa is and how much she loves his legs (still to this day). How she loved to do the dishes because that is when she felt inspired. Homemade bread and jam. Playing Sorry with her and she always had to be red. Playing Spoons, she was always oh so sneaky. Dominoes, Hand and Foot. Many good memories.

Every night I go to bed, I am surrounded by her love in a quilt that she hand stitched for me.

This is going to be a one of the worst things in my life and I am not ready to face it!

Grandma, I love you.

5 comments:

Patti said...

This is a beautiful "mini tribute" to your Grandma - it made me cry! I know it will be a hard loss for you and I hope you will let us know how we can support you most.

We love you!

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

Oh Michelle, It will be hard, but you will have those precious memories forever. And in time you will see her again. Families Are Forever!!! Your Grandma is one of the sweetest people I know.
One of the earliest memories of her I have is when we went to a movie when we were just little kids, and stopped at your Grandma and Grandpa's house on the way home. I remember running around their yard.
Let us know if there is anything we can do to help comfort you. We love you!

Rob and Jill said...

I just love your grandma! I loved it when she and your grandpa came out to the island to work with me. They always made me laugh. The other day, your mom told me that she wasn't doing well. I've been sick ever since. Give her and your grandpa great big hugs for me. You are all in my prayers.

Emily said...

I love that list. It sounds like she is my kind of lady! I will keep your family in my prayers.

Lesa said...

What a great list! Grandma's are the best.

>