Thursday, May 8, 2008

Making a fool of yourself

Every once in a while it is good to make a fool of yourself. I was really freaked out this week because I had to do a major presentation at work. It was on a really easy subject that focused on seeing people as people instead of as objects. I was really nervous just like I always am until I get up there and start. It went really well...until I went to go play a video clip of The Office and it didn't record well so it didn't play!!!! I was so embarrassed!!! We could hear the audio but couldn't see the picture. So I basically had to improv it and tell them what was happening. If any of you don't watch The Office, you are missing out on some great entertainment. I love the show, but it is a perfect example of how not to treat people. Some of you might not be into that kind of comedy but I only know of a few people that don't like it

But making a fool out of yourself makes you look human and nobody gave me a hard time about it. In fact they didn't even know that I was freaking out about it and they mentioned how well I handled the little technical difficulties.

By the way, I bought PS I Love You on Tuesday night and I have already watched it twice and I bawled harder than I did when I saw it in the theater both times. I just think that it touches such a deep fear for me that I relate personally with the movie. If you haven't watched it yet, it is a must see!!!! I don't know anyone that didn't like (love) it!!

I guess I have been tagged from Jen's blog, but I am too tired to do it tonight, so I will try to do it later this week.

Maybe I can do it on Sunday when I lock myself in my room and don't come out until midnight!! Sounds like a plan....I hate this month.

3 comments:

jen said...

I always think about you on this particular sunday - I know it's hard for you and I am sorry.
I am sure you did a GREAT job on your presentation. And who doesn't love the office? I can't wait to hang out tonight!! Ahh a night out with my friends.

Emily said...

I am so sorry I am missing tonight! Just have way too much fun! And also know that I too think about you on Mother's day. I hope that you have a great day!

Erik said...

Love the Office...I watched like 3 episodes at work last night (I miss them because I work, etc. so watch them via the Internet). I was so desperate to see them I watched it on a bad internet connection...it took over an hour per episode with a pause every 3 seconds. TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!!!

>